The Government of Sindh Finance Department issued the notification no.FD(SR-III)3-562/2019 on 24th December 2019. This notification is about the Protection of Pay from higher to lower post. The Protection of Pay is according to Finance department policy whereby it has been decided that in the cases of direct appointment. Pay will be fixed at a higher stage and equal stage in some cases. So, the further details of this notification are as below;
The Accountant General, Sindh,
The District Accounts Officers (All)
Protection of Pay from Higher post to Lower post.
I am directed to refer to the subject noted above and to state that according to Finance Department Policy circular No.FD-SR-I-I(30)/83, dated 16-06-1987 whereby it has been decided that in the cases of direct appointment the Pay will be fixed at the higher stage if the new post carries higher pay scale than old post and at an equal stage if the two posts carry the same pay scale.
- Besides above said circular a provision of Rule 41(a)(iii) of Sindh Civil Service Rule Manual VoI-I, provides”.
“When an appointment to the new post is made on his own request under Rule 22(s) and the maximum pay in the time-scale of that post is less than his substantive pay in respect of the old pay, he will draw that maximum as initial pay.”
- Furthermore, the above Rule Provision is not applicable for the Government Servants recruited after
31st March 1936 as envisaged in rule 42 ibid.
- In view of above, it is clarified that there is no provision in existing policy circulars to provide pay protection from higher grade to lower grade and such type of permission if any has been issued, may be treated as cancelled/ withdrawn and payment made against such permission may be recovered/adjusted, in instalments.
Section Officer (SR-III)
for Secretary to Government of Sindh
Copy Forwarded To:
A copy is forwarded for information to;
- R.O to Finance Secretary.
- The Section Officer (Treasury) Finance Department.
- The Section Officer (Admn) Finance Department.