The Government of Sindh Home Department issued the notification no. F.P/Corona-2019/Misc./2020 on 8th April 2020 at Karachi. This notification is about the clarification regarding current situation of the country. However, the lockdown and other activities are properly monitored by the Sindh Government and want to tackle the situation if a mishap occurs. Furthermore, the clarification regarding current situation of Sindh is discussed below in detail;
- The Inspector General of Police, SIndh, Karachi.
- The Additional Inspector General of Police (All in Sindh).
- The Commissioner (All in Sindh).
I am directed to refer to this department’s notification No. SO(J-I/HD/8-1(04)/2020-Corona dated 2nd April 2020 whereby a number of directions, regulations and necessary measures including following were ordered to be observed and adopted by all the concerned businesses, general public etc.
Complete Closure/ Ban:
- Religious & social congretioons, ceremonies, functions, gatherings of all kind.
- Gathering on Shrines, Public Visitors meeting prisoners.
Restriction on Congregational Prayers:
Only 3 to 5 persons designed for masque (like Pesh Imam, Moazzin, Care Taker) will offer Namaz by Jammat including Juma prayer and that the General Public will offer their prayers/ Namaz at their respective homes as per directions and guidance from the religious scholars (as per consideration in order No. SO(J-I)/HD/8-1(04)/2020-Corona dated 26-03-2020). Except for last rites like a funeral, burial etc, while adopting social distance and attending by close family members only and after informing local SHO of area.
These restrictions on such religious gathering apply in a similar manner to religious places of other religions.
Now, therefore, the religious festivals related to Shab-e-Barat, Easter & such other activities are restricted, including a visit to burial places/ cemeteries.
Copy Forwarded To:
Copy for information to;
- Director General, Pakistan Rangers (Sindh), Government of Pakistan.
- Focal Person/ Control Room, Chief Minister’s Secretariat, Karachi.
- Deputy Secretary (Staff) to Chief Minister, Sindh.
- Deputy Secretray (Staff) to Cheif Secretary, Sindh.
Ph: 021-99213392 & 99213410