The Government of the Punjab Local Government & Community Development Department issued the notification no. SOR(LG)1-40/2019 on 17th February 2020. This notification is about the violations of marriage functions act 2016. The Government of Punjab should take legal actions against those who are involving in Punjab Marriage Functions Act 2016. The further details of notification are as below;
- All Deputy Commissioners in Punjab.
- All Chief Officers in Punjab.
Violations of the Punjab Marriage Functions Act, 2016.
Please refer to the subject noted above.
I have been directed to inform that the Competent Authority has desired for immediate action for the enforcement of the subject Act with the following recommendations:
- Local administration should be directed to enforce the law across the board in letter and spirit.
- Those involved in illegalities and violations should be proceeded against properly and the cases are vigorously pursued in the courts of law.
- Zero tolerance policy should be employed in case of aerial firing and fireworks.
- It has also been observed that marriage functions are being arranged in parks and farmhouses situated in a residential area where loud music and other violations are openly committed causing a nuisance for locals. This tendency should also be checked.
The above referred directions may have complied with letter and spirit.
About Regularization Act 2018 details.
Khawaja Hassan Tabassum
Section officer (Regulations)
Copy Forwarded To:
The copy of the above information is forwarded to the;
- All Commissioners in Punjab.
- Secretary (Coordination) to Chief Minister, Punjab.
- SSP (Law & Order) to Chief Minister, Chief Minister’s Office, Punjab with reference to his letter No. Addl.Secy(L&O)/CMO/53/2018-941 dated 22-11-2019.
- PSO to Secretary, LG&CD Department.
- PS to Special Secretary, LG&CD Department.
- PA to Additional Secretary (LG), LG&CD Department.