The Government of the Punjab Local Government & Community Development Department issued the notification no. SO.Admin-I(LG)1-9/2020 on 28th April 2020 at Lahore. This notification is about the defunct union councils in Punjab. The councils in Punjab and the chart of succeeding local government constituted under the PLGA, 2019. Furthermore, the details of notification are as under;
No.SO.Admn-I(LG)1-9/2020 All defunct Union Councils in Punjab, which had been constituted under the Punjab Local Government Act, 2013 and continued under Section 316 (2) of the Punjab Local Government Act, 2019 shall discontinue providing public services with effect from 1st May 2020.
Public services by the defunct Union Councils till 30-04-2020 shall be considered valid subject to due audit and administrative scrutiny under law, rules and government policy or notified guidelines.
The defunct Union Councils shall be succeeded by such governments as aleady notified by the Local Government and COmmuity Development Department vide “Chart of succeeding local government constituted under the PLGA, 2019“
Local Government & Community Development
Copy Forwarded To:
A copy is forwarded for information and necessary action to;
- The Director-General, LG&CD Punjab, Lahore.
- The Secretary, Punjab Local Government Board, Lahore.
- All Divisional Commissioners in Punjab.
- All Deputy Commissioners in Punjab.
- All Divisional Directors, LG&CD in Punjab.
- All the Deputy Directors, LG&CD in Punjab.
- All Administrative of Local Government in Punjab.
- All Chief Officers of Local Government in Punjab.
- PSO to Secretary, LG&CD Department.
- PS to Special Secretary, LG&CD Department.
- PS to Additional Secretary (Admn), LG&CD Department.
- Office File.
Section Officer (ADMN-I)