The Pakistan Railways Headquarter Office Lahore issued the notification no. 67-RTA-Misc/2019 on 31st March 2020 at Lahore. This notification is about the supervision of Passenger train service. As the operations to restrict the spread of Corona Virus. However, the Ministry of Railways took action and announce the supervision of Passenger Train Service. Furthermore, the details of notification are as below;
- The Divisional Superintendents,
PSCC, RWP, LHR, MUL, SUK,
KC & QTA.
- The Director IT,
- The Managing Director/ PRACS.
PRACS House Railway Road,
Supervision of Passenger Train Services/ Operations to Restrict the Spread of Corona Virus.
Ministry of Railway’s letter No. C-II/ 5-I/ TRN/ 2012 dated 31-03-2020.
The reference above subject, Ministry of Railways has conveyed the following directions.
In continuation of this Ministry’s letter of even number dated 24-03-2020 the competent authority is pleased to decide that all passenger train services/ operations will remain suspended throughout till further orders.
- The Passengers who have advance booking on suspeneded trains may be fully facilitated to accomodated in other trains of their choice on priority once the train service is resumed. In case of not availing the ticket they will get full refund after resumption of train operations.
- The Director/ IT is advised to stop the reservation of above noted trains with immediate effect.
for Chief Commercial Manager
Copy Forwarded To:
- The Director General Operations, Ministry of Railways, Islamabad.
- The Inspector General/ Pakistan Railways Police, Lahore.
- The Director of Public Relations, Pakistan Railways HQ Office Lahore for information and necessary action.
- The Divisional Commercial Officers, PSC, RWP, LHR, MUL, SUK, KC & QTA are directed to comply with the above instructions.
- The ACM/ Reservation, Pakistan Railways HQ Office, Lahore for necessary action.