The Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Health Department issued the notification no. E&A (Health) 2-264/2020 on 5th April 2020 at Peshawar. This notification is about the Provincial Passive Immunization Committee of Doctors to deal with Corona Patients. However, nowadays doctors are serving their best effort for the best public interest. Most of them are working as a volunteer for people to avoid the Corona Virus in their bodies. Furthermore, the diagnosing of Corona Virus the KPK Government arranges the Provincial Passive Immunization Committee to deal with those patients. Therefore, the details of notification are as below;
The competent authority is pleased to approve the following Provincial Passive Immunization Committee for use of Plasma from convalescent COVID-19 positive patients for passive immunization of new patients in the current COVID-19 pandemic.
- Dr Shahtaj Khan, Professor of Haematology, MTI, HMC, Peshawar: Convener
- Dr Fazle Raaziq, Professor of Haematology, RMI, Peshawar: Member
- Dr Khalid Khan, Professor of Hematology, MTI, HMC, Peshawar: Member
- Dr Hamida Qureshi, Associate Professor Hematology, Northwest General Hospital, Peshawar: Member
- Dr Usman Khattak, Professor of Medicine, MTI, HMC Peshawar: Member
The committee shall submit a detailed proposal on the subject for onward submission to the National Bioethics Committee for approval.
Furthermore, the nature of the committee will be diversified to include more experts after receipt of approval of the said proposal from the National Bioethics Committee.
Copy Forwarded To:
Copy for information and necessaru action to;
- The Medical Director, Hayatabad Medical Complex, Peshawar with reference to his letter No. 8274/MD/HMC dated 28-03-2020.
- PSo to Chief Secretary, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
- Director General Health Services, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
- PS to Minister Health, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
- PS to Secretary, Health/ Special Secretary Health Department.
Section Officer (General)