The Government of Khyber Pakhtukhwa Finance Department issued the notification no. BO(W&M)/6-5/2019-20 on 19th February 2020. This notification is about the Elimination of Cash payments and also a reduction in open cheques issued by AG-KP and paid in cash at SBP or Counter. The further details about the elimination of cash payments are as below;
- All Administrative Secretaries to Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
- The Senior Member, Board of Revenue Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Peshawar.
- The Secretary to Governor, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
- The Principal Secretary to Chief Minister, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
- All Heads of Attached Departments in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
- All Divisional Commissioners in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
- All Heads of Autonomous/ Semi-Autonomous Bodies in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
- The Registrar, Peshawar High Court, Peshawar.
- All District & Session Judges in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
- All District Officers in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
- The Secretary Provincial Assembly, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
- The Registrar, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Service Tribunal, Peshawar.
- The Secretary Public Service Commission Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Peshawar.
Elimination of Cash Payments – Reduction in open cheques issued by AG-KP & Paid in Cash at SBP, Counter
I am directed to refer to the subject noted above and to state that it has been noted that almost all the provincial Departments/ Offices are issuing open cheques and making cash payments to their own employees as well as other clients and individuals. This practice is not only against the spirit of financial discipline but is also vulnerable to fraudulent attempts and other losses. Effective control is an essential component of the management and foundation for the safe and sound financial system. So, in order to streamline the management in public account and observe fiscal discipline, it has been decided to stop forthwith all un-necessary and less critical payments through open cheques or cash payments.
In view of the above, all principal Accounting officers and DDOs are advised to stop henceforth all un-necessary cash payments and open cheques except critical payments in unavoidable circumstances,
I am, therefore, directed to request you kindly adhere to the above instructions in letter and spirit, please.
Details of Peshawar High Court Order.
Details of Resignation of Attorney General of Pakistan.
Budget Officer (W&M)
Copy Forwarded To:
Copy forwarded to the;
- Accountant General, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Peshawar.
- Chief Manager, State Bank of Pakistan, Peshawar.
- Treasury Officer, Peshawar.
- All District Controllers/ District Accounts Officers in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
- All Additional Secretaries, Director (FMIU)/ Deputy Secretaries/ Budget & Section Officers in Finance Department.
- The PSO to Chief Secretary, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Peshwar.
- The PS to Finance Secretary, Finance Department.
Budget Officer (W&M)