The Government of the Punjab Finance Department issued the notification no.FD.PR.12-7/2018(Pt-III) on 21st January 2020. This notification is about the seeking clarification regarding payment of Executive Allowance. The further details of notification are as below;
- All Administrative Secretaries to Government of the Punjab.
- The Principal Secretary to Governor, Punjab, Lahore.
- The Principal Secretary to Cheif Minister, Punjab, Lahore.
- The Military Secretary to Governor, Punjab, Lahore.
- All Commissioners in the Punjab.
- All Deputy Commissioners in the Punjab.
- The Cheif Inspector of Treasures & Accounts, Punjab, Lahore.
Request for Seeking Clarification regarding Payment of Executive Allowances to the Officers other than those Posted by S&GAD.
I am directed to refer to this department’s letter No.FD.PR.12-7/2018 dated 29-07-2019 regarding grant of Executive Allowance @1.5 times of monthly basic pay with effect from 01-07-2019.
The Government of Punjab has granted the said allowance to all officers posted by S&GAD against duly notified cadre strength/ list of officers in light of the approval of the Competent Authority vide the above-referred letter. Certain queries raised by different forums regarding admissibility of Executive Allowance, have been examined and are being clarified as under:-
Queries & Clarifications:
- Whether those officers who are the permanent employees of the Administrative Department and working against the sanctioned posts/ cadre strength of S&GAD by virtue of internal office orders can be granted Executive Allowance or Otherwise?
Executive Allowance @1.5 times of the monthly basic pay is admissible to all officers posted by S&GAD against duly notified cadre strength/list of officer (to be updated from time to time) in light of Finance Department’s notification dated 29-07-2019. Hence, the employees of the Administrative Department posted by the virtue of internal office order are not entitled to the grant of Executive Allowance.
- Whether the officers of Administration/ Attached Departments who are posted against the sanctioned posts of Administration Department which are neither at the strength of S&GAD nor belongs to PAS/ PMS cadre can be granted Executive Allowance or otherwise.
Officers posted by S&GAD only against cadre posts (mentioned in the notification dated 29-07-2019) are eligible for the Executive Allowance and those who are posted against the sanctioned posts of Administrative Department (not at the strength of S&GAD) are not entitled.
- Whether the officers having BS-16 and posted as Section Officers (BS-17)in their own pay and scale be granted Executive Allowance?
If the officer is posted by the S&GAD in his own pay and scale against Executive Allowance entitled post then he will eligible for the Executive Allowance @ 1.5 times of monthly basic pay of the pay scale he is drawing.
- Whether the officers working in the Administrative Department on Deputation be granted Executive Allowance or otherwise?
The deputations will only draw the Executive Allowance in case the said post is en-cadred & mentioned in this department’s letter No.FD.PR.12-7/2018 dated 29-07-2019 & he/she has been posted by the S&GAD, Punjab.
Section Officer (PR)
Copy Forwarded To:
A copy is forwarded for information and necessary action to;
- The Accountant General Punjab, Lahore.
- All the District Accounts Officers in Punjab.
- The Director-General Audit, Lahore.
- The Director-General Works (Accounts), Lahore.
- System Analyst, Finance Department for uploading on the official website.
- The Section Officer (General), Government of Punjab.