The Director-General Excise, Taxation & Narcotics Control Khyber Pakhtunkhwa issued the notification no. 10867-68/ Professional TAX on 16th April 2020 at Peshawar. This notification is about the collection of KPK Tax on Profession. However, the tax details are in the notification, these taxes are on profession, trade and calling of employment from the salary of employees. Furthermore, the details of these taxes and their amount are discussed as under;
The Accountant General/ AGPR,
Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Peshawar.
Collection of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Tax on Profession, Trade & Calling or Employment from the Salary of Employees.
Kindly refer to Excise & Taxation Officer-IV Peshawar letter no. 1458 dated 14-04-2020 on the subject cited above and to state that in the provision of Appendix-li of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Finance Bill No. PA/ Khyber Pakhtunkhwa/ Bills-55/2019/23812 dated 28-06-2020, the Provincial Government has modified the subject rates w.e.f July 2019 (Financial Year 2019-2020) as mentioned below;
Employees of Federal & Provincial Government drawing pay n basic scales:
- BA-01 to 06: Exempted.
- BS-07 to 12: Rs 1000/=
- BS-13 to 16: Rs 1200/=
- BS-17: Rs 1500/=
- Bs-18: Rs 1800/=
- BS-19: Rs 2000/=
- BS-20 & above: Rs 3000/=
- Specialist practicing at Peshawar: RS 80,000/=
- Specialist practicing at divisional headquarters: Rs 60,000/=
- Specialist practicing at district headquarters: Rs 50,000/=
- Specialist practicing at places other than above 3: Rs 40,000/=
- Non Specialist including Medical Practitioners, Hakeem, Homeopathic etc.: Rs 30,000/=
- Dentist certified by PMDC: Rs 15,000/=
It is, therefore, requested to deduct the subject tax from the salaries if employers at the prescribed rates and send it to this Directorate through cross cheque or payment order along with details, for onward submission in the Government treasury.
Copy Forwarded To:
Copy forwarded for information to;
- PS to Secretary to Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Excise, Taxation & Narcotics Control Department Peshawar.
- Excise & Taxation Officer-IV, Peshawar with reference to his letter cited above.
- Director General Health Services Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Peshawar.
- HR Section, Accountant General Office Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
- Superintendent (Payroll-4) Accountant General, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
- Superintendent (Payroll-9) Accountant General, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
Excise, Taxation & Narcotics,
Control Khyber Pakhtunkhwa,