The Federal Clerical Staff issued the notification on 9th April 2020 at Islamabad. This notification is for Request for Upgrdation of Clercial Staff. However, the upgrdation of Ministeral or Clerical Staff of Federal Departments on the Anology of Provincial Government of Pakistan. They requested to PM Imran Khan to upgrade thier scales or cadres for their services given to the department. These upgrdations are in the reward of their services. Furthermore, the details of notification are as under;
- Prime Mnister Imran Khan (PTI Government)
- Defence Minister, Islamabad.
- Establishment Division, Islamabad.
- Finance Division, Islamabad.
Request for Upgrdation of Ministeral (Clerical) staff of Federal Departments on the Analogy of Provincial Governments.
Most humbly, the undersigned would like to lay down few lines before your hind honour for favourable consideratuon please;
- That, all the Provincial Governments i.e Punjab, Sindh, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa & Balochistan have also upgraded the clerical staff i.e Superintendent, Assistant/ Head Clerk, UDC and LDC w.e.f 01-01-2016, 04-08-2016, 20-05-2014 and 29-09-2015/ 13-05-2016 respectively. Governments of Azad Jammu & Kashmir has also upgraded the said posts w.e.f 01-07-2016.
- Comparison of Pay Scales of Federal & Provincial Clerical Satff after upgrdation is as under;
Injustice with Federal Clerks: BPS-16/ 17
Designation: Assistant/ Head Clerk
Injustice with Federal Clerks: BPS-15
Injustice with Federal Clerks: BPS-11
Injustice with Federal Clerks: BPS-09
- That, the above chart shows clear discrimination between pay scales of Federal and Provincial clerical staff. This situation is a cause of concern and has provoked irritation amongst the clerical staff of federal departments.
- That, according to clause (C) of Article 38 of the COnstitution of Pakistan and the Judgment passed by the honourable Supreme Court of Pakistan in Civil Petition No. 40 of 1999 regarding disparity amongst the same classes of civil servants, it is the obligation of the state of reducing disparity in the income and earnings of individuals, including persons in various classes of the service of Pakistan. Thus, it is the duty of the state to remove disparity and discrimination in pay scales of similarly placed persons in various classes of service of Pakistan.
- Above in view, it requested that clerical staff may also be upgraded and the same is also be encl in the upraising budget as a proposal.
I shall be highly obliged. Thanking you in anticipation.
Federal Clercial Staff